Hey, road trippers, have you ever been to Australia? If not, there are plenty of reasons why you should make it a priority. Australia has so much to do and see, that taking a trip in a campervan hire is a great way to see it all.
You may not have the time to see EVERYTHING that one must see in Australia, but you can at least get to see some of the country’s highlights. If you’re someone who loves adventurous sports and activities, there is opportunity for you here. If you enjoy relaxing at the hottest beaches in the world, Australia boasts of a couple. If you prefer getting to know the wildlife, you will want to get to know sharks, seals, and all the underwater creatures you can—as well as the kangaroos and koalas, of course.
Of course, everyone is different and what may make one person excited may not be best trip for another. To ensure that you have the trip of a lifetime, the following trips are great ideas for 1st time visitors to Australia. You can choose the one that best suits your personality.
Top Aussie Trips
- Visit the underwater world. If you love marine life, Australia is a good idea for you. It has plenty of gorgeous locations where you can go snorkeling or scuba diving. If you want to get to know one of the world’s most popular destinations when it comes to snorkeling, the Great Barrier Reef is a must-visit spot. As the world’s largest coral reef, you’ll have the opportunity to discover all kinds of fish and the gorgeous colors in the world below the surface. Other popular Australian destinations for underwater fun are Port Douglas, Ningaloo Reef, Townsville, and Exmouth to name a few.
- Go skydiving in as many places as possible. What adventure-seeking person wouldn’t want to take a trip with sky diving as their theme? With many great spots for skydiving in Australia, you don’t want to miss out on an experience of a lifetime. If you’re traveling around in a campervan hire, make sure to include the following places on your list: Byron Bay, Sydney (Wollongong Beach), Mission Beach in QLD, and Gantheaume Point.
- Visit the national parks. If you’re more of a nature lover than anything, Australia has some special places for you. With variety in landscapes and sceneries, you can explore rainforests, rock formations, gorges, and beaches at national parks in the country. A few highly-visited national parks in Australia are Kakadu National Park, Daintree National Park, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, and Freycinet National Park. These are only a few of several national parks to be found in this fascinating country.
If you have the time, research the ones that you must visit before setting out on a road trip in one of the world’s most interesting places. Make sure to make yourself aware of the dangers and pleasures of all the national parks that you visit.
- Enjoy visiting the most popular cities. If you’re more of a city slicker than anything else, you’ll want to visit Australia’s best cities. While the “best” city is subjective to preference, there are some iconic places that promise fun, beauty, and great experiences. Sydney and Melbourne are favorite places for cultural reasons, as well as fun outdoor experiences to do in the area. Adelaide is a romantic spot with wine country not far away. Cairns isn’t as well-known as some others, but it’s a popular spot for world travelers who want some adventure. It’s also a common stop for Whitsunday Island vacation goers.
- Spend some time beaching. Much like New Zealand, Australia has some pretty delightful beach towns and breathtaking beaches to visit. An absolute favorite for vacation goers are the Whitsunday Islands which provide variety for those who just can’t get enough of beaches and beautiful views. Other beaches that draw visitors from all over are Byron Bay, Mandalay Beach, and Bondi Beach—to name a few. Whether you want to get a perfect tan or go surfing, there is no shortage of beaches in Australia.
If you’re new to Australia, you’re in for a real treat. There is enough to keep you busy for months. Of course, not everyone has the time to visit more than a few places on a road trip, but the above trip ideas should provide you with plenty to choose from.
The best way to get to know the country is to travel around in a campervan hire. It provides you with a comfortable place to sleep so you can focus on enjoying the scenery and destinations and less on where you will be spending the night—although you do need to find out where you can park beforehand.
Whatever trip you decide to take through Australia, you can be sure that it will be a rewarding experience. Happy traveling!